Sunday, December 27, 2009

Veteran's Quilt

 In early December I was looking through the Alchemy listings and came across one titled "Service Memebers Ideas".  I was intrigued for many reasons. First, I am married to a Veteran,  Second, my father is a veteran and last but not least, my two step-sons are currently serving in the military.


I soon found out that the owner of a a shop on Etsy, Ginksburg's Handmade Dresses, Quilts & Fashion Jewelry, intended to donate a Veteran's Quilt from her shop to a veteran.  I decided to see if I could win the Veteran's Quilt for my father.  I filled out the entry form and waited.


About a week later I was notified that I won.  I was so excited.  I didn't tell my Father about it, I decided to let it be a surprise.  
Here is a link to the shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ginksburg


He called me when he received the quilt.  He loved it!  The quilt had several insignia embroidered on it.  My step-mom remarked on how well-made it was.  

Unfortunately, I live about 20 miles away from them and I did not get a chance to see the quilt myself until Christmas.   And then I was surprised.  Look at the pictures of this quilt.  It is a wonderful momento, reminding us of all the men and women who have served this great country.

























I did a little window shopping and I want to share some of the other treasures in this shop.



Gee, this one is one of my favorites:















and this one just makes me feel good:




















this is so cute.  I wish I had a granddaughter:











this is the cutest apron:











Thank-you very much for this great quilt.   






1 comment:

foxygknits said...

I really need to check out that little apron. My little granddaughter, who is not even three yet, is mesmerized by Ina on the food channel!

I have nominated you for a blog award today. I love your blog and wanted to share it with some of my friends. You can pick up your award here:

http://foxygknits.wordpress.com/2009/12/30/blog-awards/

My best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!