Saturday, September 26, 2009

Restringing a Bracelet

I know it has been a while since I blogged but I do have a good excuse.  I am trying to get stuff caught up at home because of my knee surgery on Monday.  

One of the things that needed doing was mailing a bracelet to a friend.  When I make a new Awareness pattern, I usually give it a name and the first edition of that piece goes to the person I named it for. 

I have a friend named Debbie.  When my epilepsy was out of control she set me straight.  She insisted that I take my medication regularly.  She told me that taking it eradically was worse than not taking it at all.  She got me involved with the group of people that  enable me to speak publicly to help spread epilepsy awareness and end the stigma.  Do you get the feeling that Debbie is important to me?

I lost track of Debbie but not the organization that she was affiliated with.  Back in May I sent the bracelet to them in hopes that they would forward it to her.  I finally asked them to return it to me.  So I sat my little butt down and using the internet I found Debbie.  I got in contact with her and I now have her mailing address.

Wait, this was supposed to be about restringing a bracelet.  It is.  I kept thinking that I should restring the bracelet because I have improved my technique since I made the bracelet last year.  So here is the bracelet before I restrung it:


I don't know why it takes me so long to simply restring a bracelet.  Now for a look at the re-strung bracelet:


At first I was just going to replace the rock shaped beads.  Well then I had to replace something else, then something else.....

Have a good weekend!

No comments: