Saturday, October 3, 2009

To Fix or Not To Fix (My Blog)

I am getting tired of the same old blog template.  I found the template that I want to use.  I only have one problem.  Lately I have become leary of firsts.  This will be my first attempt, such as it is, at programming in over 10 years.

I have postponed it as long as I can.  The last test was one I learned in High School.  I had a teacher who taught us to give things the explosion test.  When asked if two things could be used in conjuntion with each other he would ask "What is the worst that could happen?  Is it going to explode?"  I have always liked that test although I don't think he meant it to be used the way I do.  

When I debate whether or not to do something (add an ingredient to a recipe or  mix two colors of beads) I ask what is the worst that can happen?  Will it explode?  If I change the template and it does not work, my computer will not explode.  I hope.  Right?

If you never hear from me again, I guess it failed the explosion test.

No comments: