Friday, February 5, 2010

I love Trading

I belong to the Etsy Street Team The Trade-A-Holics.  I love being a part of that team.  If you don't know me, I am of German descent.  My Mother was born in Germany in 1932.  She grew up there during World War 2.  As a rule the Germans are generally frugal people.  I definitely fit that description.

I found a team that basically uses the barter system. We buy from each other's shops in equal amounts so when the transaction is complete, I have what I want, the other person has what they want, Etsy has collected the fees so Etsy has what it wants.  And all I paid for the purchases I made is the postage to mail the other sellers items to them.

To me, it's a Win-Win situation.  I have the opportunity to try items from other sellers that I would not normally purchase.

When the team has a Trade N' Stay event it is usually a 4 day event.  It starts with 10 or 15 randomly chosen shops on the list. when you make a trade with someone on the list, your shops get listed.  But, get this, no one gets taken off the list.  That's why it is called a Trade N' Stay.  Once you are on the list, everyone who wants on the list will be trying to work out a trade with you.  and you do NOT hove to be a member of the team to participate. 

It is an energetic, exhausting, confusing at times, greatest weekend you ever had.  And just when you start coming down from the "high" of all the good deals you made, the packages start arriving.

I refer to the items I ordered as my "Treasure".  Look at the Treasure that I hauled in this time:







I got this from http://auntmartymadeit.etsy.com  She calls it a wireless heating pad.  I call it a Boo-Boo Bag.  It is custom made and it works like a dream.  I will be getting another on on the next TNS

 
Another good trade that I made was with Uneek4U.  I needed earring and bracelet cards for my finished products as well as thank-You cards for my customers.  i just didn't want to buy any.  So Ididn't buy them I traded for them.

Look at a ll these cards I got:






I don't know how many cards I got from http://Uneek4U.etsy.com but it was a bunch. Iam so happy that I finally have thank-You cards and cards for my earrings and bracelets.


Those first two trades were for things that I needed.  This last trade was for Swarovski Crystals.  i traded with Atomic Crystals and look at these crystals.  I think I just found me a new best friend.   this is how they came packaged.  Isn't that cute!




















These are the crystals that I  got:



I can't wait for the next TNS Event.  It is scheduled for March 26th thru the 29th.

Mark your calendar.

No comments: