Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Artisans For Awareness

Cause Awareness is very important to me. I was diagnosed with epilepsy in 2005. That diagnosis changed my life. Epilepsy gave me a wonderful gift for designing and creating jewelry. One of the ways I "give back" for this gift is through my Awareness Jewelry. I make jewelry featuring the awareness ribbon beads and charms. I have a shop on Etsy, Cheryls Purple Cow, where I sell my designs. I also have a "Shop Now" tab on my Facebook Fan Page where you can purchase anything that I make.
Mother and Daughter Leukemia
Awareness Stretch Bracelet
by Cheryls Purple Cow

I featured an article on my blog last year called " The Story Behind Cheryls Purple Cow". I know that there is usually a similar story for each artisan that creates awareness items to sell.


I want to know your story!!

When I created this blog it was my intention to devote the same amount of time to both promoting Awareness and to promoting my shops. I am working on changing the direction of the blog to include Awareness.

I will still have the same features, series and tutorials. I will be adding a feature called "Artisans For Awareness" or "Crafters With A Cause". I haven't decided yet which one I want to use. Feel free to comment with your opinion.

The new feature will tell the stories of artisans who support specific causes and the story or reason behind their support. The story may be in the style of an interview or with the artisan as a guest blogger.


Diabetes and Heart Health
Crystal Awareness Bracelet
by Cheryls Purple Cow
If you create Awareness pieces or if you know of someone who does, and you want to share that story with my readers, please contact me. I would love to feature you. This is your chance to plug your Cause and your shop.


If you actively support Epilepsy Awareness I would also like to feature you. i can either set-up some interview questions for you to answer or you could write your own story as a guest blogger. This would be a great opportunity to bring a little more attention to your efforts towards epilepsy awareness.

You can either email me or leave a comment if you are interested. I moderate all comments so your information will not be published if you leave it in the comment.

No comments: