Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Interview with PaisleyCat

My latest blog article is about my new blog living area.  I really hope you visited and that you like it.  I would like to share this interview with you and introduce you to the person responsible for all this beauty, PaisleyCat.


1. Tell us a little about your business: the name, what do you make, how long have you been doing this.
I have a graphic design business called 'Studio PaisleyCat'.. I make custom Blogger/Typepad images to 'Dress Up' blogs..When I started my blog two years ago, I couldn't find a background to suit my vintage tastes.. And so, I decided to learn how to make my own.. It was a wonderfully addictive outlet for my creativity.. I just had to learn more and apply it to my blog.. The next step was to share my 'creations' with anyone who wanted to 'Dress Up' their blogs for 'Free'.. And so my 'Free resources' blog was born.
 
2. Why did you start your own business?
I started receiving requests for custom orders.. And they wanted to pay me.. My hobby had turned into a business. 


3. How do you promote your shop?
 Mostly through my 'Free resources' blog.. Friends and Clients share my blog button and send people my way.. (smiles)

4. Can you show us a couple of your favorite creations?
Yes, I'd love to..
 














5. You just completed a re-design on my blog and I was very pleased with the unique picture you used as my header. Can you describe your creative thought process in this case?
Well, I wanted your cats to look like they were really playing with the bracelet.. and each other, while their pretty mother on the left, is looking straight at us.. As if to say ' kids will be kids'..  I'm so happy that you're pleased with it.


**I need to interrupt here to show you the pictures that she used to make the header.
 Dulcie Mi Dulce Corazon Spaz and Smokie posing 












Mandiye Purple 16. If you could talk to anyone, past or present, who would you talk to and what would you say?
 My maternal grandparents.. I have soo many questions for them.. I'd love to know more about where their families came from and what their lives were like.. A few precious photos have been passed down, but sadly not much else.. My grandmother loved to sew, quilt and crochet.. I do have one of her beautiful quilts, a butter churn and a baby dress she made just for me.


7. Is there any other information you would like to share?
Shoppe -
http://studiopaisleycat.blogspot.com/
Blog
http://paisleycatscrapsfreebloglayouts.blogspot.com/
Twitter
https://twitter.com/PaisleyCatScrap

No comments: