Saturday, September 10, 2011

My New ArtFire Shop Widget

The way ArtFire studios are set up each item can only be listed in one section. I ran into a problem in my supply shop with this limitation. I like to have a section of new listings so my customers can easily view my newest listings. But items in that section don't appear in the section with the rest of the items just like them.

I tried creating  my own widget for all my sections but I had a mental block and just could not get it to work properly.  All my items are in the appropriate ArtFire studio sections by bead type. 

I added a widget for my special sections: New Listings, Bargains, Clearance and Dollar Listings. 

After I had the widget in place I decided to have a BOGO sale and it was real easy to add another section to my widget.

I'm working on the tutorial so you can have additional sections. It should be out in the next day or two. In the meantime, please check out the widget in Cheryls Extra Beads. I would love to get some feedback before I write the tutorial. Just in case I decide to change it up a little.

No comments: