Thursday, September 8, 2011

Time for a New Knee

In 1992 my boyfriend and I were visiting my Mother in Texas. One evening they started discussing the various bones each had broken. I chimed in with my .02¢. 

"I'm 33 years old and I have never broken a bone in my body." I should know better than to tempt Fate. 

The next day was supposed to be our last day in Texas but I slipped and fell. I landed on the concrete, kneecap first. I shattered my kneecap and had to be hospitalized for my first knee surgery. I ended up with a scar across the knee. 

Since then I have had 3 arthroscopic surgeries, each time my knee was in worse shape. As of two years ago there was no cartilage left in the knee and I was getting sores on the bone from the friction. 

I will be getting a knee replacement on October 31. I'm looking forward to being able to walk pain-free. I'm not looking forward to the recuperation. 

One of the things I must do before the surgery is de-clutter my house. I have crafting supplies and completed crafts that need new homes. I am posting pictures of everything on my Facebook Page. The prices are extremely reasonable. 

Be sure to stop by and see what I have that you can't possibly live without at a price you can't pass up.

2 comments:

Finding Charm said...

Good luck with the surgery and all your tidying up and getting ready before.

I did something similar when I was younger. I didn't break anything but I hurt myself. I was making fun of my sister doing a flying arebesk (?spelling) and when I did it I landed wrong and twisted up my ankle pretty bad. It's a family joke still.

Unknown said...

Thanks. I'm looking forward to the end result but not the recuperation.
The joke in my family is the time I was performing my ballet moves and did a graceful leap right into a closet door.