Saturday, August 1, 2009

Jewelry for People with Metal Sensitivity - No Metal Included

I love to make jewelry!!  And I love to make it for my friends and family.  I even make pieces to sell in my store.  But I have several friends who cannot wear jewelry with any type or grade of metal.  They just can't.  So I try to have a few pieces listed in my store (cherylspurplecow.etsy.com) that have no metal whatsoever.  There are other designers that do the same thing.  Especially designers that work with hemp and knots.  Alot of their pieces are naturally free of metal.


Now, here is the problem.  Use whatever search engine that you like and search for metal free jewelry, non-metal jewelry, etc.  You get everything from sterling silver to base metal to metal jewelry with free shipping. 


I need a word, a catch-phrase.  A word that says "NO Metal".  A word that people would use when searching for metal free jewelry.  I have been looking for that word for a couple of months.  It is nowhere to be found.  I think that this perfect word that I am searching for is hiding from me.  Maybe you can help me find it.



I have thought of hypo-allergenic.  But metal can be hypo-allergenic.  But some people still react to it.


Here is a link to a bracelet that I have listed in my shop that is made with seed beads and thread and that's all.  This way maybe you will get a flash of inspiration and help me find my word.
           
 http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25196579


I posted in the Etsy Forums and someone suggested that I start a TEAM to help promote the concept. I would love to do that. I have never even been on a team or been associated with one, but What The Hay!!! I will either find someone who knows about TEAMS and wants to be in charge or I guess I will learn as I go along.

Please feel free to offer any suggestions, comments, assistance that you care to.  I can admit when I am in way over my head. (At 4'11" it happens alot).  You can email me at cherylspurplecow@gmail.com or post on my fanpage http:http://facebook.com/cheryls.purple.cow

I will be looking for your input.

Thanks,

Cheryl

No comments: