Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My 2 Sons

I keep promising to post regularly, but life keeps getting in the way.

We had a tense few hours last week.  Both of my husbands sons are in the military and both are in Afghanistan.  I received a call from my step-daughter about an injury sustained by Ken (the oldest). For about 1 hour (I checked the phone log, cuz I thought it was 3-5) all we knew was that he had been injured and that he was OK. We finally got the details. His armoured vehicle ran over a mine. He got out right away but went back in for the other guys.  He said he had to because they were just kids and needed his help.   He had a concussion, neck and back injuries and he inhaled the chemical in the fire extinguisher.


His brother, Larry Jr, called a couple of days later.  All he heard was that his brother was injured.  His Dad explained the accident and the extent of Ken's injuries.

As a rule, I do not like to impose my political views on others and don't want theirs.  This is not a forum for politics.  I was not going to put this type of topic in my blog because I know that some are against us being in Afghanistan.  The right or wrong is not what this is about.

This post is about 2 boys that I care about and the danger that they are in.  Please take a moment (regardless of you opinion of the military) and pray that these 2 boys and all their companions in the service come home to their loved ones. 

Thank you

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheryl I'm sorry to hear bout Ken, he will be in our prayers & so will Larry Jr.

andrea creates said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog-
Sorry to hear about all the things going on with your family in the military.Hope they are all doing well.
Take care~
Andrea