Monday, January 4, 2010

Interview with The Curious Pug

Yesterday's blog post was about my experiences trying to add a new landing page to my Facebook Fan Page. I mentioned that The Curious Pug's blog was the source of my information on how to do that. I had a little difficulty with my ability to follow instructions and I contacted The Pug for assistance. I love meeting people through my business especially when they are as friendly and helpful as The Pug.


Today I have an Interview with The Curious Pug.


Who is "The Curious Pug"?
I have a pug named Cyrus Bean who is always wondering what I'm doing or where I'm going. He is often in the same room as me, and if he's not napping or snoring away, he will sit and look at me with his big concerned eyes and head tilted wondering what his crazy human is doing. Or perhaps he is wishing for a treat (which I'm pretty sure occupies 99.8% of his brain).


So it only made sense to name my shop The Curious Pug in his honor :)


How long have you been an Etsy Seller?
I've been a seller since November 6, 2009. But I've had a buyer account since August 2008. It wasn't until I went into my 5th month of unemployment due to the economy that I decided, gee, now would be the perfect time to open an Etsy shop!


How long have you had your FB Fan Page?
Also since November 09. I signed up for all my networking sites around the same time once I decided on a shop name.


What gave you the idea to create the "Landing Page" for your FB Fan Page?
I saw another Etsy seller's fan page with their landing page and I thought it looked really professional and different. I didn't even know there was a Facebook app that allowed you to do that. So I searched on Google and discovered all the information I needed to know in order to set it up, but it was scattered about and not all in just one place, so that's why I decided to make the tutorial my own way, step-by-step :)


I noticed on you blog that you have posted several tutorials. Can you tell us what tutorials are planned for the future?
I just created one today on how to set up a Google Analytics account for your Etsy shop and blog. And I was thinking about maybe doing a tutorial on how to create a slide-show with music for YouTube using Google Picasa. I'm always welcome to new tutorial suggestions and if I feel I can create a good tutorial, I'd be more than happy to make one up.


Please tell us 3 things about you that would surprise us.
- I'm an x-ray tech and I love seeing bone fractures. Nothing shocks me anymore :)
- I am a huge fan of 80s music. I will usually listen to Pandora Radio when I'm sewing and leave it set on the 80s channel.
- I watch way too many movies and will usually make some sort of quote reference to them when talking to someone and they have no clue what I'm talking about! I find it amusing :)


I  know that the Curious Pug loves receiving emails and comments from her readers and customers.  

You can find The Curious Pug through these links:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouspug

No comments: