Monday, June 8, 2009

Best Friends

I was trying to think about a subject for my blog today, but I have been having trouble concentrating. I recently got in touch with my best friend from Junior High and we have talked on the phone several times over the past few months.

Do you have a friend that no matter how long it has been since you last spoke (this time it was about 10 years), when you finally get in touch with each other it seems as if no time has passed. It seems as if we just spoke a month ago instead of 10 years. Except for the fact that we have so much to catch up on. Well, that's how our friendship is. We are both 50 now and it is kinda scary that our lives have followed some of the same paths. We even take some of the same medications.

We both have a bad habit of changing the subject of a sentence 5 times before the end. Other people have trouble following our conversations, but we can understand each other perfectly well. In fact, if you read my blog from Saturday, Story Behind Cheryls Purple Cow, then you already know alot about her.

She doesn't have a computer, but she is traveling across Texas today to visit with her daughter who does have a computer. The reason I am having trouble focusing is that this evening we are going to be able to chat face to face using the webcam. Unfortunately, the reason she is going to visit her daughter is to help take care of her for a few days. Her daughter's wonderfully cute kitten decided that Mommy needed to play on the floor and tripped her. She landed on a glass table. Not Good! She's OK, just broke a couple ribs. It's going to be difficult though, because I am the type of person who likes to make people laugh. I don't think that she would appreciate that right now.

I just thought of the title for my next post: The Wonders of Technology. I think you will enjoy it.

No comments: