Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Outsmarting Myself

May 26, 2009 - Tuesday

Outsmarting Myself

Hi Everyone! I am new to blogging but I thought since I found the courage to open my own business that I would try to blog. I opened Cheryls Purple Cow to sell the jewelry and other crafts that I have been making. You all know that I enjoy being different. The symbolism behind the purple cow is that a purple cow is unusual, out-of-the-ordinary. Kinda like me.


I also have a bad habit of outsmarting myself. Have you ever outsmarted yourself? You see, I want a beaded cell phone case. Not a cell phone case that has beads on it. A cell phone case made from beads. Not a problem. I found a pattern for an amulet case. If you don't know, an amulet case is a small (very small) beaded pouch on a beaded strap. In order for a cell phone to fit in it, I have to at least double the size. No Problem. Right? I even started thinking that I could make a few to sell in my store.


Wrong. Yes Problem. Remember I like to outsmart myself. So I worked on it for several hours yesterday. And today I worked on it for about 6 hours. Why am I on the computer and not in my craft room finishing the cell case?


I have been working on this for about 9 hours. Looks like it may take a few more hours before I'm done.

I have already used about 300 beads. I don't know if there are enough beads in Vegas to finish it. Outsmarted again!I guess if I intend to finish it this year, I better get back to work